Tuesday 5 March 2013

Avon Matte Nail Varnish - Black As Night Review

I was recently given a bottle of Avon's Matte Nail Varnish in Black As Night. 


I have never used a matte nail varnish and so last night I decided to give it a go.
When I first applied the varnish is appeared to have a gloss to it, but it very very quickly dried and turned very matte. 

I wanted to give it a chance, but I have to be honest I was really not keen on both the quality and the finish of this varnish.

When I  was painting each nail, the varnish was drying so quickly that as I was trying to apply it it was causing the varnish to streak.

This particular colour was a nice true black and I like the colour itself, just not the matte effect.

I would definitely give this varnish a try in another shade and would be interested in trying out matte varnishes and topcoats from other brands.

Below is the finished product :-s


I was also not overly impressed with the lasting power of this varnish. Overnight the varnish had chipped more than I would of expected and I had not done anything out of the ordinary.
Needless to say I have now removed it and I have given myself a nice french manicure.

This picture shows the varnish this morning...

Not nice!!!!

I would be interested to read any comments about this particular varnish, but also let me know any recommendations for other brands. 

Thanks for reading xx


1 comment:

  1. I normally love Avon polishes, so this is disappointing to here. I will be staying clear of this then xx
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete